Wednesday, July 25, 2018

T5W#154-Top 5 My Hero Academia Heroes (Redux)


It’s been about a year now since I got back into My Hero Academia.  When I first started the show, it was…ok at best.  The first season had some growing pains and even though I got through it, it was some time before I started Season Two…but eventually I did and DAMN what an improvement.  The journey of young Izuku “Deku” Midoriya has captivated millions of Anime fans, myself among them, week after week, with each new episode somehow bettering its predecessor almost every time.  Anyway, I was recently talking to friends about Season Three and realized something, maybe my list of favorite characters needs to be updated as I like new and old faces better than those on my previous list.  Some characters might reappear again but they’ll be joined by a plethora of new blood here.  And for those who are going to no doubt complain about the lack of everyones favorite angry son, Bakugo…give me til the end of Season 3 in a month or so, I think he’ll be the source of his own Top 5 in time.  So here we go, the first ever T5W Redux list of my Top 5 My Hero Academia Heroes.  Wanna see the differences from the last time?  The previous list is right here: http://gundamanimeblog.blogspot.com/2017/11/t5w118-top-5-favorite-my-hero-academia.html

 

#5-Itsuka Kendo (Battle Fist)
The class rep of Class 1-B hasn’t gotten too much screentime but when she’s around, she’s instantly likeable.  I love how she always manages to keep her class in place, especially the gloom and doom wisher Monoma.  Her team up with Testutestu to defeat Mustard was one of Season 3’s best moments just far.  I really hope we see more of Kendo down the line cause she’s just as good as any girl in Class 1-A.

 

#4-Fumikage Tokoyami (Tsukuyomi)
The bad bird boy and his dark shadow.  There’s just an overwhelming sense of cool whenever Tokoyami simply shows up in frame, in no small part thanks to his outstanding character design.  His relationship with his Quirk, Dark Shadow, has been one to watch out for in Season 3.  When Dark Shadow goes wild in the dark, Tokoyami is the ultimate wild card.  Now that he can have Dark Shadow form around him like armor, I cant wait to see how much stronger this dark avenger gets.

 

#3-Ejiro Kirishima (Red Riot) & Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu (Real Steel)
These two started out as bitter rivals due to their similar quirks: Kirishama’s Hardening and Tetsutetsu’s Steel.  However, after their first, hilarious showdown in the School Festival, they became admirable friends.  Not only are they great on screen together but their separate tales are pretty good too.  Kirishima has gotten the better development due to his friendship with Bakugo (more or less).  Meanwhile Tetsutetsu proved himself a great partner to Kendo when they teamed up to take down Mustard and Tetsutetsu was forced to test his metal ability to the max.  Plus, never since Arnold Schwarzenegger and Carl Weathers in Predator has a high five between two men ever been so damn epic.

 

#2-Shoto Todoroki
Todoroki is my boi.  That has never changed since the first time he showed up on the scene.  My opinion of him really hasn’t changed, if anything it has gotten stronger because of the events of Season 2 and 3.  Todoroki is no longer that much of a loner.  Or rather he can be but he can just as well be a team player now.  Working with Deku and Tenya and even Bakugo has done wonders for the scar faced bad ass.  He’s even trying to work things out with his fractured family, showing Todoroki is hiding a lot of hot behind that wall of fire and ice.  Now if only he could use those powers to make the ultimate sword, maybe George R.R. Martin’s “Song of Fire and Ice” might have to be sung about Todoroki instead of Dragons, Valerian Steel and White Walkers.

 

#1-Tsuyu Asui (Froppy)
If Todoroki has been my boi from his first episode, then Tsu Chan has been best girl since she first popped up on screen.  Her cute and unique design, her cool frog quirk and her “tell it like it is” voice help Froppy steal every scene she’s in.  Her winning the class over with her choice of hero name, “FROPPY!!! FROPPY!!! FROPPY!!”, her internship with the Coast Guard heroes, and her heartbreaking confession in one of the most recent Season 3 episodes only heightens how cool and loveable little Tsuyu is.  Everyone needs a Tsuyu and if you don’t believe that, watch any scene montage collection with her and you’ll believe it too…Gero, Gero.

No comments:

Post a Comment