Sunday, January 3, 2016

Welcome to the Anime Corner 2016


Hello and Welcome all to the Gundam Anime Corner.

 

It is now the year 2016 and that means…huh guess I don’t really have much more of an epic segue. 

 

Coming up soon on two years at this little venture of mine.  Originally, I just started this as a way to keep working on short story writing.  Ironically, I’ve been more consistent with Anime reviews than I have short story writing.  Call it a mini career if you will, or just a really big resume’ venture.  Either way, it’s a new year and the reviews are going to continue, as are the Top 5 Wednesdays…if I can think up a few more in advance (it’s harder than you think).

 

So, what may you ask will you find here (if you’re new)?  Well this is just me rummaging through my Anime DVD/Blu-Ray library.  I revisit some old favorites over the course of a week or a few depending on series or movie duration.  Some series may take 2-4 weeks to cover.  Others…a bit longer ill admit.  I tend to go by how many episodes are on a DVD volume (anywhere from 3-7 episodes).  Might cut them down, might cram a bunch of stuff to talk about into one review.  My hope is that, even if a couple of spoilers, you might check out some of these shows.  Most are old, back from when I first started getting really into Anime around the late 90’s/early 2000’s (Yep dating myself there).  Occasionally, I might catch something new-a movie in a theater, a separate series not on the schedule I might do a full review on.  If I think it deserves covering, I will cover it.

 

What’s on the agenda so far this year?  Well I wanted to do a bit of back and forth between action and…not action, more comedic and lighthearted fair.  That’s still a plan.  It will just be a bit more spread out.  A recent watch of a scene from Rahxephon at my local Anime Club inspired me to push up my intended review time of the series.  Logistics and all that.  Long story short, Love Hina is coming in the fall, not the spring. 

 

Anyway, what’s coming this year?

Well of course the aforementioned Rahxepon, or Evangelion lite or one of the best mecha Anime out there.  Call it what you like, it’s a title ive always considered covering since I started this project.  It will finally get it’s time in the spotlight early summer.

 


There’s also Miyazaki Month kicking off on Monday with Princess Mononoke.  The King of Anime Filmmaking, Hayao Miyazaki get his honors on this blog.  I’ll be looking at 4 films: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle and depending on time, either My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki’s Delivery Service (might hold off on one of those for a special feature later in the year).

 
 


Then we’ve got Gundam: The 08th MS Team, nuff said on that.  Bamboo Blade-an Anime about a Kendo team of misfits and their unorthodox teacher.  Love Hina-one of the keystone Harem Anime with beautiful girls and hot springs.  X-The CLAMP Classic in TV series form (I don’t own the movie).  My big summer feature of covering the entirety of Code Geass (Seasons 1&2) much like I did Gundam 00 last year.  The Anime Corner old friend Black Lagoon will return late summer with it’s third (and right now last) season: Roberta’s Blood Trail.  And no I have not forgotten them.  February will be split right down the middle as I cover the rest of the two shows I started last year and did not complete due to time and availability of titles: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn and Ghost in the Shell: Arise.




That’s a lot to take in, I know.  I feel a bit overwhelmed just planning it all.  But I want this to work and cant wait to rewatch these titles and share my thoughts, old and new on them.  Keep an eye out for not just more T5W’s (Top 5 Wednesday’s), but also some potential new features like Convention Reports or extra special reviews of other titles…maybe even a half report on some current series I might be checking out.  Who knows what this year will hold.  As always, even if you’re only taking a quick peek, thanks for stopping by and you are always welcome here.  Read, share thoughts, keep silence, up to you, I wont beg for attention but ill do my best to entertain anyway. 

 

Welcome back to the Gundam Anime Corner.  I hope this year will be a good one for this page.

 

That’s that.  Let’s get to 2016 shall we?  ALLONS-Y!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment